This course complies with the standard set by the Accredited Body: ABA
On successfully completing the course the candidate will be able to:
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations 1998 (LOLER 98).
- Identify the basic construction, components, the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer instructions in accordance with the operators handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the Telehandler for site travel.
- Operate the machine over varying types of terrain including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, with and without a load.
- Maneuver the Telehandler in confined spaces, with and without a load.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the Telescopic Handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Keep the machine within safe working perimeters.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Place the Telehandler in and out of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
- Meet the requirements of practical and theoretical tests.
Various: The course duration will be based on the candidates experience and will comply with the standards set by the accredited bodies.
If you would like more information specific to your needs, or to discuss your requirements and arrange a quote, please feel free to contact us.