Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP)
This course complies with the standard set by the Accredited Body: ABA
On successfully completing the course the candidate will be able to:
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations 1998 (LOLER 98).
- Identify the basic construction, components, the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operators handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Carry out emergency lowering procedures.
- Operate controls from ground level, and from within the working platform.
- Manoeuvre the MEWP in confined spaces using both forward and reverse motions.
- Position the platform up to a maximum working height.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in and out of service condition
- Explain the loading and loading procedures on and off a transporter.
- Place the MEWP on and off charge.
- Meet the requirements of practical and theoretical tests.
Various: The course duration will be based on the candidates experience and will comply with the standards set by the accredited bodies.
If you would like more information specific to your needs, or to discuss your requirements and arrange a quote, please feel free to contact us.