Lorry Mounted Lift Truck (Moffett Mounty)
This course is set to a standard to comply with the ABA and the RTITB, which fully complies with the recommendations within the Approved Code of Practice for the Training of Fork Lift Truck Operators.
On successfully completing this course the candidate will be able to:
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations 1998 (LOLER 98).
- Identify the basic construction, components, the purpose and use of all controls.
- Identify and comply with the manufacturers instruction in accordance with the manufacturers operators handbook.
- Understand both longitudinal and lateral stability.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the vehicle for site and road travel
- Operate the machine over different types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines
- Manoeuvre the machine in confined spaces, forward and reverse, with and without a load safely and efficiently.
- Carry out the transporting and lifting and lowering of various loads forwards and reverse safely and efficiently.
- Carry out the loading and unloading of the machine to and from the vehicle safely and efficiently in line with manufacturers recommendations.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Bulk stacking of loads and identifying the hazards associated with this operation.
- Place the machine in and out of service condition.
- Meet the requirements of practical and theoretical tests.
Various: The course duration will be based on the candidates experience and will comply with the standards set by the accredited bodies.
If you would like more information specific to your needs, or to discuss your requirements and arrange a quote, please feel free to contact us.