Lorry Loader (HIAB)
This course complies with the standards set by ABA and the Road Transport and Industry Training Board (RTITB).
On successfully completing this course the candidate will be able to:
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations 1998 (LOLER 98).
- Identify the basic construction, components, the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operators handbook and legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks of the lifting equipment and relevant attachments
- Understand the safe working loads and duty charts of the loader
- Configure the Lorry Loader for site and road travel
- Lift and place loads in various designated areas safely and efficiently
- Load a vehicle in accordance with safe working practice
- Understand signs and signals regulations.
- Meet the requirements of practical and theoretical tests.
Various: The course duration will be based on the candidates experience and will comply with the standards set by the accredited bodies.
If you would like more information specific to your needs, or to discuss your requirements and arrange a quote, please feel free to contact us.