Lift Truck Course – Basic
This course is set to a standard to comply with the ABA and the RTITB, which fully complies with the recommendations within the Approved Code of Practice for the Training of Fork Lift Truck Operators.
On successfully completing this course the candidate will be able to:
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Regulations 1998 (LOLER 98).
- Identify the basic construction, components, the purpose and use of all controls.
- Identify and comply with the manufacturers instruction in accordance with the manufacturers operators handbook.
- Understand both longitudinal and lateral stability.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Operate the Lift Truck over different types of terrain including inclines, with and without a load.
- Operate the Lift Truck safely and efficiently in restricted areas, forward and reverse, with and without a load.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Understand the stability triangle
- Understand and demonstrate lifting and lowering of loads within the full working range of the Lift Truck
- Understand and demonstrate refuelling of the Lift Truck, (LPG, Electric, Diesel).
- Meet the requirements of practical and theoretical tests.
Various: The course duration will be based on the candidates experience and will comply with the standards set by the accredited bodies.
If you would like more information specific to your needs, or to discuss your requirements and arrange a quote, please feel free to contact us.