Working at Heights
To provide candidates with an overall knowledge of the Working at Heights Regulations 2005 (WHAR). To organise and plan working at height, avoid risks from working at heights, select suitable work equipment to perform tasks, to be aware of fragile surfaces and to perform inspections of work equipment.
On successfully completing this course the candidate will be able to:
- Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and Working at Height regulations.
- Understand and demonstrate safe use when using safety harnesses.
- Understand the pre-use of safety harness.
- Understand and be aware of background statistics.
- Understand the concept of working at height.
- Undersrand the organisation and planning working at height.
- Understand risk assessment.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of selecting the right equipment.
- Understand the use of work equipment.
- Understand the use of ladders.
- Understand and demonstrate examples of working at height.
- Understand communication techniques (signs and signals).
- Understand emergency escape.
- Understand reporting procedures.
- Meet the requirements of practical and theoretical tests.
One Day (Maximum 6 Candidates)
If you would like more information specific to your needs, or to discuss your requirements and arrange a quote, please feel free to contact us.